Sunday 23 December 2012

WEEK 51 - SONG 51 - The Festive Conversion of Mr. Tinsel (feat. Martin McCullough)

WEEK 51 - SONG 51 - The Festive Conversion of Mr. Tinsel (feat. Martin McCullough) - DOWNLOAD FOR FREE @ Bandcamp

OPENING CHORUS

Make the yuletide gay

…aaaaah…

Bah Humbug I say

…oooooooh…

VERSE 1

You can keep your Christmas farce

And stuffing your hand in a turkey's arse

Brussel sprouts, fairy lights

Mary's boy child, Jesus Christ!!

Cracker jokes, they make me moan

Won't everyone just leave me alone?

BRIDGE

What does Father Christmas do when his elves misbehave?

He gives them the sack.

What do you give a dog for Christmas?

A mobile bone.

What’s brown and creeps around the house?

Mince spies.

VERSE 2

Hot mince pies and brandy butter

Panic buying, shops a'clutter 

Christmas trees and cranberry sauce

Jingle bells, I couldn't give a toss

Fairytale in New York? Not again, I say

Won't this winter wonderland ever go away?

BRIDGE 2 

Narrator: 

T'was the night before Christmas 

And he'd not given an inch

Mr. Tinsel was still complaining, 

Like an old grinch

Until a bright light, yon he did see

T'was the fairy Gaybreel atop his Christmas tree

CHORUS

Why you so like, anti-Christmas?

Has Santa never showered you with his sparkly festiveness

When he spread his good will all through the air

Were you never there to receive your share? Don't you care? 

Baby Jesus would cry

At the sight of your misery, Oh my!

Narrator: 

And with that Gaybreel waved his big wand

All at once Mr. Tinsel found he was quite fond

Of tinsel and pressies and festive cheer

He exclaimed, "Maybe this is my year!" 

 

CODA

Oh my goodness! Everyone was right

I have seen the sparkly light

Hark the herald! I lost my way

Maybe the yuletide should be gay

No comments:

Post a Comment