Saturday 2 April 2011

02.04.11 - DAY 92 - Cheese & Fine Whine


Listen (and/or buy) now on Bandcamp

I've been a bit naughty, tonight. I've "borrowed" some text from: http://curdnerds.com/blog/meet-curd-nerd-janet-fletcher for the lyrics of this song. I've asked them if they mind, but of course I'm uploading this before they've given me permission, so this song might have to be re-uploaded minus the offending vocal, or they might be totally baffled. Or I might end up with a massive copyright lawsuit on my hands... Stay tuned and we'll see how this pans out!

The track is in 9/8 and it felt quite natural playing the piano riff in this time signature. What I mean is, as opposed to deliberately trying to write a riff in a "weird" time signature, I played this piano part and naturally repeated it in 9/8. I was then, of course, overjoyed to realise that my natural playing of this riff was in a "weird" time signature and didn't require me to mull over the notions of "how do I make the timing of this a bit less predictable" or whatever. I blame the influences of Hexxed! (The band I play in, in case anyone reading this doesn't know... for example, the fine cheese people at CurdNerds.com!)

mmm, saline. Anyway, enough waffling.

Enjoy

Cheers ^_^

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

No comments:

Post a Comment