Tuesday 6 March 2012

WEEK 9 - SONG 9 - Meals For One



WEEK 9 - SONG 9 - Meals For One

Sending "hello"s
My keyboard froze
Words like little digital leaves fluttering across the cyberspace sands into the internet ether,

Without reply
I sigh
Go make some tea
Soon I'll return

Kettle won't boil
Home heating oil
Must remember to take out the bins

Living alone really suits me
Oh please won't you stop by
Hoping the neighbours don't shoot me
I laugh and then I cry

Meals for one
No one cares
Dry my clothes on the stairs
Escape this world
It's all online
Nothing gets done, don't have time

You sent me a smile
Greets me like wings of humming birds brushing gently across my beaming face on a spring day

Living alone really suits me
Isolation is fine
Maybe I need to go outside

No comments:

Post a Comment