Thursday 2 June 2011

02.06.11 - DAY 153 - Atmospheric Pressure



Listen (and/or buy) now on Bandcamp

Making today's piece has been a good lesson for me: I was feeling a bit bummed before I started and by the end my mood was lifted. Through that simple process of being creative and actually making myself complete a song, my outlook on things has been radically changed, from angry, frustrated hopelessness, to one of a clearer perspective, maybe even a happy perspective. It reminds me how vital creativity is to my life and how much I have benefited, not least in terms of mental health, from the SADFAY experience. Creativity is my lifeblood. I know and feel this through my being so clearly, every time I begin to write a song, or work on a bit of audio, or jam with my band, or perform a gig: Making music really is everything to me. It feels so wrong and unnatural for me to suppress this or try to tell myself that I should put it aside and get on with doing more 'serious' things. The thought of giving up on this, or letting any lack of 'recognition' / validation get in the way, seems similar to a parent giving up on a child.

Making music / expressing myself creatively is vital to me: It's both a good realisation that I want to celebrate, but a frustrating one as I understand the struggle involved to do anything 'worthwhile' or 'financially viable' with this 'talent' / gift / ability...

Enjoy

Cheers ^_^

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

No comments:

Post a Comment