Saturday 20 August 2011

20.08.11 - DAY 232 - Too Much Pleasure


Listen (and/or buy) now on Bandcamp

So this is a first: Starting a SADFAY song after midnight and finishing it before going to bed. Instead of starting it when I wake up in the morning. It's surprising that after 231 days of songwriting, this is the first time I've taken this approach. It doesn't break any rules, because SADFAY can be created at any point between midnight to midnight of each day. It's just I've never done this before and I'm quite pleased with the results!

So anyway... Strings! Lots of them. Arranged in some sort of pseudo-music score orchestral style. I might have to go and study some 'proper' classical music, but my fear is that those people will try to tell me what's right and wrong, to the point where a piece like this would be considered disgustingly insulting to the memory of Bach / Brahms / Mozart / etc... Yet to me, that attitude is still just plain old snobbery and I can't be arsed with that: There is relevance and good reasoning behind the 'rules of music', but as far as I'm concerned ideas are more important. Creativity is more important. I've had many people tell me their version of what constitutes a 'right' and 'wrong' decision when it comes to making music and my conclusion is that they're all talking bollocks. Regardless of what heritage or hierarchy or established school of thought you apply it too, creative freedom is the most essential ingredient for an artform to flourish. In my humble onions.

Drunken SADFAY = Marty gets RANTY!!!

Enjoy

Cheers ^_^

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

No comments:

Post a Comment