Monday 7 November 2011

07.11.11 - DAY 311 - Ghetto Panorama



Listen (and/or buy) now on Bandcamp

The creative trajectory this track took is something I need to remember when I'm all burned out and tired: Ideas lead to ideas. Just mess about and things will start sparking. The first step is the hardest. You almost have to trick yourself into it. Tiredness moans about it all being too much 'effort'. So tired and unmotivated, I found away to bypass 'effort' and entertain myself instead. The first half an hour spent on this track was utter nonsense: I was dicking about. But that was the first step. And things fed into other things then somewhere along the line I realised I was enjoying myself.

Now the song is done and I'm very pleased with the results.

I spent a couple of hours on this one. It's hard to believe that two hours ago I was almost in despair, "how am I going to do this?" But this happens so often. Hindsight gives me insight, but it never seems to stick: I only vaguely have a notion that it'll all work out, once I get going. Yet, I should really know better by now. Perhaps some part of the subconscious does, some part pulls me onward.

Enjoy

Cheers ^_^

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

No comments:

Post a Comment