Saturday 21 May 2011

21.05.11 - DAY 141 - Loose Change



Listen (and/or buy) now on Bandcamp

I attempted to make something kinda minimal and vocal driven, with a strong mood of melancholy (again). I was quite pleased with the rhythmic backing, so I let that ride out a bit. It was 3 tracks of live percussion: slapping loose change in my jeans, tapping and shaking a near-empty box of matches and tapping a small metal box (I now use to keep my tabacco in). I then resampled a chunk from those tracks and applied some processing (flanger, reversing, saturation etc.), so it ended up having a nice crackling, but sorta 'swooshy' sound. For the last section I stuck a rather large digital kick, with plenty of click-y top end, then controlled it's timing with an arpeggiator.

Enjoy

Cheers ^_^

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

No comments:

Post a Comment