Tuesday 8 March 2011

08.03.11 - DAY 67 - Spinning Plates Part 2



Listen (and/or buy) now on Bandcamp

Carrying on from yesterday's track, I decided to make another live vocal piece that is based on my set up in Ableton, that I'm now going to call "Spinning Plates" (not a reference to Radiohead).

Still toying with the idea of dedicating this week to vocal / a capella pieces.

My set up in Ableton is quite fun! It is made up of multiple "Looper" plugins, with a midi controller assigned to certain parameters so that I can switch between each looper track and re-record into them as I perform live. I call it "Spinning Plates" because of the way I switch between the different looper tracks: Re-recording into them is like making them spin again. My motivation to keep the whole performance interesting was to keep updating the looper tracks, so that nothing stayed the same for too long (and became boring). I guess I'm always trying to find the balance between repetition and change when I'm doing these kind of live performances.

As for today's image: It's more sketch book doodling and Pixlr colouring.

Enjoy

Cheers ^_^

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

No comments:

Post a Comment