Saturday 12 March 2011

12.03.11 - DAY 71 - Cascades



Listen (and/or buy) now on Bandcamp

Another spin on those "Spinning Plates" - the Ableton Live set up of loopers and effects I've created. I spent a bit of time this evening experimenting with ways to automate the recording of my voice so that I could create a "cascading" effect with the loopers, i.e. timing the record state to kick in on each looper, one after another. And I mean "experimenting" in the traditional, scientific sense (at least G.C.S.E. level of science anyway), where I documented my aims, my experiments, problems, solutions and so on. Finally discovered there was a way to achieve what I wanted and I played with that approach to the set up, then allowed myself to improvise over around it with my controller (the Korg Nano Kontrol is such a great wee piece of kit). Feel this set up is at a point where I could easily turn up at a gig and create a decent range of improvised vocal music for the length of a performance. ... Which is nice...

Also, as schmaltzy as this will read, I want to dedicate this song to the friends that are there for me and who nurture and encourage me in both my creative ideas and in who I am. I just feel there is a time to stop and recognise how fortunate I am to have some really fucking brilliant friends who make me feel valued and who I hope are aware of how much I truly value them too.

Right. Enough of that sort of thing. I'm getting all emotional here...

Enjoy

Cheers ^_^

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

No comments:

Post a Comment