Tuesday 22 March 2011

22.03.11 - DAY 81 - Music For Time Travellers



Listen (and/or buy) now on Bandcamp

I thought I was being very clever today, soloing with that lovely Rhodes patch over two chords. I then realised that G major and D minor are all the white keys, so I could literally play anything across those keys and provided I didn't hit a black note, it would at least sound harmonically correct. I guess this is similar to how people sometimes tune a guitar to an open chords and just belt it out.

Anyway, all the sounds in this are derived from that one live take on the Rhodes. I took little snippets from that performance, reversed, stretched, filtered and looped them etc. They work as a backdrop to liven up the main track. Sometimes hinting at what's to come, sometimes floating around complimenting the main track. Sometimes it works like a residual reference to the main track. I like this effect.

I've called this Music For Time Travellers as a slight reference to Brian Eno's ambient piece 'Music For Airports', which this is definitely a little influenced by.

Enjoy

Cheers ^_^

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

No comments:

Post a Comment