Tuesday 4 January 2011

04.01.11 - Adstractivated Imbaence Pass


Words I would use to describe today's musical effort: Abstract, ambient, aleatoric.

I went to my studio today for the first time in about 3 or 4 weeks, but it was freezing and there was no water (so no tea!! GASP!!). I left after mucking about a bit on some drum kit patches.

I came home from the studio having done nothing on today's piece of music, which is a bit unfortunate. For some reason I don't find the studio very creatively inspiring. Perhaps it needs a bit of furniture, some carpet, a bit of warmth and shade. It's very sterile at the moment.

Anyway, today's piece of music was designed to strip things back a bit, I didn't have much sleep last night (about 4 hours) and I've been up from 9am. It's now 9pm. As I was crafting this piece of music, I kept taking things out and trying to find space, so that it would feel more like something that could carry you off to sleep.

Keen to find out if anyone listens to this and finds themselves drift off, if so, then success!

As usual, you can listen to this piece on the SADFAY Bandcamp Page.

Enjoy (don't listen while operating heavy machinery)!

Cheers ^_^

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

No comments:

Post a Comment