Monday 24 January 2011

24.01.11 - Cleaner Face (A Penny Short)


A weekend of living in the studio has made me feel somewhat greasy and there's definitely a certain detached state of mind you can reach when you're on your own and feeling a bit like you're out in the middle of nowhere. This song came out of the idea of being detached from people, maybe slowly losing your mind, maybe ending up homeless because you could no longer function in society. Also, I had to scrape together loose change for the bus ride home this evening and I ended up a penny short. The driver seemed to be making a big deal out of it. He probably thought I was some homeless person. I'm pleased to be back home! Now for a nice hot shower and some tea.

LYRICS:
  • Welling up inside
  • My dignity and pride has flown away
  • But it's just your smile
  • And beauty's only skin deep

  • And the streets are filled with pain
  • We all hide our souls and cling to the shame

  • In the evening shadows crawl
  • And neon puddles call, I'm drowning
  • Whispering through the leaves
  • Like a black and white TV, it's deafening

  • I paid for some magic spell
  • It keeps the beasts from breaking out of hell

  • The slugs will have their way
  • When I find my bed of tears and lay down
  • Soaked into my clothes
  • The stains and all the mould, revealing

  • Welling up inside
  • You loved but then you lied, it's over
  • Moonlit perfect smile
  • Broken in the trials of memory

  • You heart it's spent on cigarettes and milky tea
  • And angry forces breath in every face you see
  • I keep myself amused,
  • Fabricate some new delusion to cling onto

  • I once had a place and I had a cleaner face
  • But it's too late
  • I won't let it win, the panick and the din of regret

  • Where was I before? What was your name again?
  • I can't recall
  • Distant face distorted
  • Distant words that mean nothing anymore
  • Flown away

Enjoy

Cheers ^_^

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

No comments:

Post a Comment