Monday 17 January 2011

17.01.11 - Spilling The Beans



Today's track was made in my studio (for a change), so I used my gear a bit more: There is some electric guitar, Novation synth, vocals recorded with a proper microphone (Rode NT-1A) and I used my proper monitors (Tannoy Reveals) to mix and master the whole thing.

I also used my usual software TRIDENT OF POWER: Ableton Live, Reason and Sound Forge!

So the song is kinda sad and aggressive in a way. Like being pissed off that you're pissed off. Though I didn't particularly feel that way today, it's certainly come out through this song, so perhaps I've been feeling this way and just not been fully acknowledging it? Not sure. It might also be a reaction to the near-freezing temperatures in this feckin' studio. (Must remember to bring my electric heater next time.)

Anyway, here are the lyrics for the song:

  • Spilling The Beans

  • Setting up
  • Ready for A
  • Sailing. Broken
  • Wheel I can spin
  • Thunder rumbling
  • Deep inside your bones
  • You sleep alone
  • Always alone

  • Seeping out when
  • Talking about anything
  • Random. Nature has
  • A way of leading
  • To the truth within,
  • Against your will
  • You spill the beans
  • You spill the beans

  • Your secrets
  • You crawl through bars
  • And over walls

  • And the warmth of self-pity
  • Engulfs you again
  • Safe in a womb,
  • You're fed through tubes
  • That pipe in fear and guilt
  • And fear and guilt...

Enjoy it... like, right here in your pretty face (?)

Cheers ^_^


MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

2 comments:

  1. Interesting comparison, I was also told it sounded a bit like Trent Reznor.

    Kurt Cobain, Trent Reznor, Mike Patton and Layne Staley are probably my biggest vocalist inspirations in general, big fans of these guys, so that's nice! Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What do you most commonly find yourself doing in Sound Forge? I dabbled in it for a while for mastering but found it too much effort when I could just throw a bunch of multibands and limiters on the master bus within cubase/ableton...

    ReplyDelete