Tuesday 11 January 2011

11.01.11 - Death of a Star


Another a capella song today. Well almost. Every sound, except for the beats at the end are voice samples, or voice recordings put through various effects and chopped up. I was in a bit of a lull today and wasn't particularly looking forward to creating tonight's song, but once I got started, around 6pm, I got quite into it. I had a lot of fun finding weird ways to manipulate my vocals. It's a shame they're being captured with my crappy built in mic, while I have a decent couple of mics at my studio. But such is the price for being too lazy to go up there.

I think the rough/distorted/slightly glitchy quality of the vocal recordings adds a certain lo-fi vibe to the whole song, so it's not a big compromise.

I wrote a short paragraph which is repeated in the song. I liked the theme of some big catastrophe happening and lamenting about it. So I thought of a planet exploding, or a star going supernova and wiping out a galaxy.

  • Death of a Star

  • Solar Apocalypse tonight
  • The sky is burning white with fire
  • In a blaze of energy
  • Erased a galaxy


As always, enjoy!

Cheers ^_^


MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected


No comments:

Post a Comment