Thursday 6 October 2011

06.10.11 - DAY 279 - Arrietty



Listen (and/or buy) now on Bandcamp

Another SADFAY collaboration, this time with Amy O'Connell.

Amy O’Connell graduated from University College Cork (where she now lives) with a joint -honours degree in both Music and Drama and Theatre Studies. Voice was her main instrument while she studied at university and she has trained as a soprano since 2004.

Amy sent me a recording she made this morning of her playing piano and singing. I loved the mood of it, how it was improvised and how it was quite lo-fi and full of room noises, clonks and bumps etc. I didn't really want to do anything to it, but in the end I decided to try and exaggerate some of those room noises and piano chords with resampling and stretching, aiming to keep things minimal and restrained. I also added a little bit of singing and very sparse (barely audible) spoken word.

Enjoy

Cheers ^_^

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

No comments:

Post a Comment